Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's almost Christmas!

I can't believe how fast the year has gone and that it will be Christmas in less than a week. We are ready and the kids and I are looking forward to some much needed sleep. We have been so busy and we all have been getting in bed really late each night. It will be nice to be able to sleep in a little. Byron, as usual, has decided he would rather be at work when most people are taking vacation and has therefore, decided not to use any vacation days. He is such a morning person anyways.

Good news!!!! I did not fracture my wrist and it is doing much better. Yesterday was the first day I was able to leave my splint off, but I have to be very careful. I am able to use it, but I can not lift anything heavy or twist it at all without it being painful. Thank goodness it wasn't broken.

Jet, our black lab, has learned a new trick. I didn't believe it when the kids told me, but Byron verified it was true. Jet stays on the back porch most of the time. He likes being close and would rather be inside with us, but the porch has worked great. The porch door has a lever handle that you just push down to open from either the inside or outside. Jet is now able to push the handle down with his paw to open the door and then go out. On the outside, the door has to be pulled toward you to open it, but it does not close automatically unless it is shut hard. So, when he wants to come back inside he just pushes the handle with his paw, the door bounces a little, then he puts his nose in the door and opens it up. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! He is a great dog and we have really grown to love him. He is so strong. When it snowed last week (we had several inches) the boys put Jet's leash on, sat on their sled, and Jet would pull them all around the yard. It was amazing how fast he would run while pulling them. Jet loved it as much as the kids did and it was great exercise for him. When they were finished, he came in and slept for several hours, but was ready to go again later.

TTFN
Tammy

No comments: