Thursday, December 13, 2007

What a day!

I had quite a day yesterday. The kids only had a half day of school, so I picked them up and we went to make some deliveries of our boxes of chocolates. At our first stop, I stepped out of the truck and just slid right down on the ice. Unfortunately, I caught my fall with my left wrist. My doctor was out of the office and I had to go to the ER. It looks like I broke one of the bones at my wrist, below my thumb. The doctor said that the bone that looks broken usually doesn't show up for sure if it's broken for about 7 days. They put a formed splint on my arm and I have to go to the Orthopedic Dr today. WHAT A BUMMER!!!!!! I never realized how hard it is to do things with only one hand.

Byron was able to fly out yesterday for his conference in FL. He is enjoying 80 degree weather and has a beach side hotel room while we are dealing with cold and ice, YUCK!!! The clouds are supposed to finally clear a little today and it's supposed to get up to about 35 degrees. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of some of the ice on our road and driveway because right now it still looks like an ice skating rink.

We have a busy evening tonight with Alisa's dress rehearsal for her Christmas show and a Scout Court of Honor for the boys. It should be fun getting everything done with my bum arm. Hopefully, Byron will not have any problems flying in Fri. night because we have a busy weekend. Brandon is still supposed to have his soccer ODP tryouts on Sat., but it is supposed to snow. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey--you didn't tell me about your wrist! I am so sorry and hope it heals and feels better soon! Tell Byron that is a very flattering picture! haha! Love all the news! and love the pictures!
Happy Holidays! Pam

dailylinkbuilding said...

ur blog is excellent